Welcome! It’s great to have you here as a member…
Are you at a point where you know the melodies to some favorite standards? You also know how to play those basic 7th chords? Would you like an efficient way to make your ballads sound “pro” with just a couple of easy-to-apply strategies? I would like to offer your this one-time promotion that you just might like (you will gain instant access)…
Making Your Piano Ballads “Sing”
(Focusing On Harmonizing With Just Two Chord Strategies)
| Pick a ballad… any ballad. You can apply these techniques to
any favorite standard of yours and they will work. You’ll see!
In this session, we take a look at:
*The 1-5-3-7 (and 1-5-7-3) chord voicing
* The 1-7-3-5 chord voicing (with variations)
* Creating more contrast between your melody and harmony
* Why it’s okay to “break the rules” and sometimes preferred
* A couple of additional enhancements to make yourself sound “pro”
* Focusing on the “flow” of your tunes
If you understand the basic construction of a 7th chord, you’re ready for this. In other words, you know that a C Major 7th chord, for instance, consists of a C (1), E (3), G (5), B (7), you will be able follow along with this just fine.
View a tiny sample:
(The actual video session is approximately 30 minutes long)